NAHS Music Department Recognizes Students at Awards Banquet
Concluding a very successful year highlighted by gold medal performances, the NAHS Music Department held its annual Awards Banquet on June 13th. Congratulations to the numerous Band and Chorus award-winners, and to the many music students who were recognized for their accomplishments and contributions!
- Choral Rookie of the Year: Hannah Carroll
- Outstanding Underclassman: Joanna Lopez, Erin Murphy, Cam Pulaski and Griffin Barber
- Concert Choir MVP: Kate Banacos
- Choral Spirit Award: Joe Paquin and Courtney Krupkowski
- Chorus Unsung Hero: Terry Hearst
- National Choral Award: Marcus Connor and Danny Holman
- Chorus Director’s Award: Tessa Murphy
- Band Rookie of the Year: Daniel Heron
- Outstanding Brass Award: Susan Mather
- Outstanding Woodwind Award: Saurabh Kumar and Sydney Seo
- Percussion Award: Ty Rudden
- Band Unsung Hero Award: Michael Fielder
- Band Spirit Award: Andrew Ribaudo
- Semper Fidelis Music Award: Dimitri Castillo
- Drum Major Award: Philip Pham, Tessa Murphy, and Griffin Barber
- Band Director’s Award: Griffin Barber
- The National School Marching Award: Devam Dhawan and Scott Israel
- John Philip Sousa Award: Terry Hearst
Recognition of Seniors:
- 1-Year and 2-Year Chorus Students: Kate Banacos, Adriana Castañeda, Alex Tran, Selena Hocker, and Katie Marroni
- 4-year Band and/or Chorus Students: Griffin Barber, Jillian Bohrer, Dimitri Castillo, Jessica Chang, Marcus Connor, Devam Dhawan, Niko D’Onofrio, Michael Fielder, Giselle Flores, Terry Hearst, Danny Holman, Scott Israel, Courtney Krupkowski, Saurabh Kumar, Alison Lunny, Susan Mather, Tessa Murphy, Philip Pham, Cam Pulaski, Andrew Ribaudo, Ty Rudden, Sydney Seo, Joshua Stone, Melissa Wen, and Lucy Yu
Recognition of Juniors:
- 3-Year Band and/or Chorus Students: Graeson Adams, Jacob Brandner, Elizabeth Brown, Kate Burba, Jason Chen, MacKenzie Cochrane, Casey Dalke, Lily Dalmer, Sarah Francoeur, Justin Gaede, Kunal Gala, Tina Gichana, Abishek Gupte, Isaiah Hilario, Christina Hogan, Gabby Huapaya, Sophie James, Lucy Jones, Maria Kachulis-Moriarty, Archie Keltz, Joshua Kim, Mark Klose, Maya Koorapaty, Anastasios Koulopoulos, William Lauzon, Nick Leftin, Sayde Mayes, Cameron McGrath, Erin Murphy, Eric Ouellette, Joe Paquin, Hanna Park, Garret Pomfret, Abbey Prisby, Mayara Reis, Elizabeth Round, Ashley Ryan, Alexandria Sangermano, Enea Schleicher, Cameron Silva, Abbey Tannatt, Abby Wasserman, Mia Wong, Hannah Wood, and Frank Zhou.
MMEA Northeast Junior District Awards:
- NAMS Recipients: Sophia Barbato, Emma Greaves, Hanna Nazzaro, Zoë Zimmer, and Elliot Schoonmaker
- NAHS Recipients: Olivia Nichols, Manal Boutissant, Carly Fraser, Phoebe Sahlas, George Lord, James Lyons, Daniel Heron, and Joseph Huggins.
MMEA Northeast Senior District Awards:
- Chorus Recipients: Cerena Leaffer, Joe Paquin, Hannah Carroll*, Danny Holman*, and Alyssa Peltonovich*
- Band Recipients: Will Lauzon, Sydney Seo, Terry Hearst*, Mark Klose*, and Frank Zhou*
*Denotes All-State Recommendation.
MMEA All-State Participant Awards:
- Chorus Recipients: Emily Cummings, Ryan Drew, Will Ferguson, and Sam Wright
- Band Recipients: Kunal Gala and Saurabh Kumar
- James R. Fulks Music Award Scholarship: Giselle Flores was acknowledged for receiving this $1,000 award during the NAHS Scholarship Knight in June
- NAMA Senior Music Scholarships: Four Seniors who had been announced at Scholarship Knight for earning this $600 award received their checks at the NAHS Music Department Banquet: Griffin Barber, Terry Hearst, Danny Holman, and Tessa Murphy.