NAHS Band: IMPORTANT INFO Band Camp TOMORROW!
NAHS Band Members: Band Camp and More!
NAHS Band students and families, with band camp only a couple weeks away, it’s time to remind everyone of some important dates and request all students please register. Please read the following information from the North Andover Music Association and respond appropriately.
Please read this letter from Mr. Smalley regarding Band Camp: Band Camp Letter.
Students (and Parents/Guardians) you are responsible for doing the following prior to Band Camp:
- Click this link to register for uniforms, t-shirts, and provide contact information: BAND Registration Form 2019-2020. Please note after you register, you will receive an invoice for the uniform fee, t-shirt, and anything you may have ordered. That needs to be mailed or paid online per the invoice, or sent on Monday of Band Camp in order for students to receive their uniforms.
- Download and complete the Music Department Health and Emergency Form – This form needs to come with you to band camp: Music Department Health and Emergency Form 2019-2020
- Read/Review the Band Handbook: 2019-2020 NAHS Band Handbook
- Add the Summer/Fall Band Schedule dates to your calendar: 2019-2020 NAHS Summer/Fall Band Schedule
- Use the link to sign up for REMIND. This tool is the primary form of communication between Mr. Smalley and band students. It is used for reminders, schedule reminders, schedule changes, etc..: REMIND LINK for BAND (ALUMNI: Please note, there has been a change this year to REMIND. They’ve given a smaller capacity for student registrations. If you are no longer an NAHS student, please remove yourself from the REMIND list for NAHS Band so new members can be added for the current year. Thank You)
BAND CAMP: Band Camp will be held August 12th through 15th from 9AM to 5PM and Friday, August 16th from 1pm to 6pm (preview show 6:30pm) at Walsh Stadium at NAHS. BRING PLENTY OF WATER, YOUR DOT BOOK, SUNSCREEN AND/OR HAT, SUNGLASSES, AND A LUNCH (Lunch Break is from 1pm to 2pm each day). It is also important you dress for the weather and for marching. Wear sneakers daily!
Monday, August 12th, following Band Camp, there will be a Parent Meeting at 5:00pm in the NAHS Auditorium. NOTE: ALL PARENTS, BAND AND CHORUS are welcome. Mr. Smalley will be present at this meeting to go over the handbook and other Music Department policies. After, NAMA will have a very brief meeting to introduce ourselves to you and let you know of opportunities and events.
FOOD DRIVE!!!! There will be a food drive all week of Band Camp. Please read this flyer for details. Let’s Pass the Goal!!!: 2019 Scarlet Knights Marching Band Food Drive
Tuesday, August 13th at 10am: Uniforms will be given out to marching band students. NOTE: it is important the invoice has been paid or your student come with payment to receive his/her uniform. PARENTS… Volunteers are needed. Please sign up to assist with uniform distribution: BAND UNIFORM DISTRIBUTION SIGN UP
NAMA FUNDRAISER: Please join us at Fuddruckers on Thursday, August 15th between 5pm and 8pm. Take this flyer: Fuddrucker’s Flyer
On Friday, August 16th at 6:30pm there will be a preview show on the Field at Walsh Stadium at NAHS. All are welcome to get a sneak peek of this year’s Marching Band.
You may contact Mr. Smalley if you have any questions regarding band camp or band at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally, If you wish to receive information about events, programs, fundraisers, Music Program Announcements, etc… – Subscribe to the NAMA Website at https://northandovermusic.org/. When you are on the website’s Home Page, scroll to the very bottom. Click on “Subscribe”. Any questions regarding NAMA may be directed to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you all!