BAND REMINDER: CORRECTION REGARDING CAMP BBQ
Correction to announcement about NAMA’s Band Camp BBQ on Saturday, August 20: this event is for BAND STUDENTS ONLY! If you received notice that families were invited, I apologize for the error. NAMA would be very happy to have parents help set up, serve and clean up, however! If you haven’t done so already, please check the five reminders below to make sure you have all the information you need and have submitted the appropriate forms and payments. We look forward to seeing our returning musicians and new Freshmen – you are going to love this fall’s show!!!
1. Membership in NAMA! Please consider joining the North Andover Music Association, the parent-volunteer, non-profit organization that supports music programs in North Andover Public Schools (in the fall, NAMA is especially busy meeting the many needs of the Marching Band). Go to the Membership tab at the top of this page. Thanks!
2. Band camp schedule (attendance and timely arrival are MANDATORY):
Monday, August 15: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Lunch 1:00 – 2:00 pm (please arrive early today)
Tuesday, August 16: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Lunch 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Wednesday, August 17: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Lunch 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Thursday, August 18: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, Lunch 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Friday, August 19: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm, Lunch 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Saturday, August 20:
-9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Practice
-12:00 – 1:00 pm: NAMA Barbecue (Parents welcome to help with this event!)
-2:00 pm: Preview Show (Families invited!)
3. What you need for Band camp:
–Water (it is recommended that you bring a thermos jug with your name on it)
–Dot Books and Music (for those new to Band: a Dot Book is a tool for marking marching units’ field position; Staples carries 3×5 spiral-bound index cards which work well)
–Sneakers worn with socks at all rehearsals (extra socks are a good idea)
–Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and bug spray
–Weather-specific clothing (check the weather forecast before coming to camp each day!)
4. Order your required and optional uniform components: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EJKaAYrnqFGHpCHl1f07zIvLMCO6gx_ckcfjfl9dmHY/viewform
5. Download the music for your instrument: http://www.northandovermusic.org/documents/band-music/. Enter the password na16primarycolors (please do not share the music, it is proprietary).