Band Members and Families: Important Info for Band Camp and Beyond!
Hello Band Members and Families! Hard to believe, but Band Camp begins very soon, on Monday, August 13, to begin work on the 2018 show, Checkmate. Please read through this IMPORTANT MESSAGE carefully, check out all the LINKS, and make special note of SCHEDULES AND REQUIREMENTS. Questions about attendance should be directed to Band Director Justin Smalley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
FIRST: The schedule for Band Camp Week is as follows:
- Monday, Aug. 13: 9:45am-6pm Rehearsal, with BYO Lunch from 1-2pm
- Monday, Aug. 13 at 5pm: Parent meeting with Director Justin Smalley and NAMA President Kristine Murphy
- Tuesday, Aug. 14 – Friday, Aug. 17: 9am-4pm Rehearsal, with BYO Lunch from 1-2pm
- Tuesday, Aug. 14 from 9am-Lunch: Uniform distribution (Parent help needed!)
- Thursday, Aug. 16 from 5-8pm: Fuddruckers fundraiser for NAMA, click here for flyer: Fuddruckers Fundraiser
- Saturday, Aug. 18: 9am-2pm Rehearsal
- Saturday, Aug. 18 at 9am: New parent orientation and Q&A in NAHS Chorus Room
- Saturday, Aug. 18 from 12-1pm: Student BBQ hosted by NAMA
- Saturday, Aug. 18 from 1:30-2pm: Families invited to Preview Show
SECOND: Every Band student must submit the following by Band Camp:
- The online Student Info and Uniform Order Form linked here: Band Registration Form
- A Check for the amount indicated in an email you will receive once you submit your online form. Alternatively, you may pay online via PayPal.
THIRD: Students must sign up for the Remind App (and Parents are strongly urged to do the same) which allows Music teachers to text real-time messages. It is also recommended that you subscribe to the website www.northandovermusic.org, and follow us on Facebook at North Andover Music Association. Please sign up for Remind here: Remind
FOURTH: Please read through the Band Manual carefully, as it contains important information regarding schedules, requirements, contacts, etc.: Band Handbook 2018-2019
FIFTH: The Fall Marching Band schedule is linked here: Fall Schedule
SIXTH: Junior Band Student Anna McGrath is once again organizing a charity Food Drive during Band Camp. Please see the attached letter to see how you can help: Food Drive