Band Camp 2017 Schedule
Please mark your calendars and make note of requirements for Band Camp, which will be held at NAHS from Monday, August 14 to Saturday, August 19. ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY; ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING ATTENDANCE MUST BE DIRECTED TO MR. SMALLEY at email@example.com. Thank you!
2017 Band Camp: Monday, August 14th through Saturday, August 19th
- Monday, August 14th 9:00AM – 4:00PM Lunch Break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Tuesday, August 15th 9:00AM – 4:00PM Lunch Break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Wednesday, August 16th 9:00AM – 4:00PM Lunch Break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Thursday, August 17th 9:00AM – 4:00PM Lunch Break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Friday, August 18th 9:00AM – 4:00PM Lunch Break 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Saturday, August 19th PRACTICE 9:00AM – 12:00PM
- Saturday, August 19th NAMA BBQ 12:00PM – 1:00PM
- Saturday, August 19th PREVIEW SHOW 2:00PM
Each day of camp you will need to bring:
• Water (I recommend you bring a thermos jug with your name on it)
• Dot Books and Music
• Sneakers at all rehearsals. (Extra socks are a good idea).
• Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen and bug spray.
• Weather specific clothing. Watch the weather!
A few other reminders…
• Make sure your instruments are in working condition before camp!
• Eat a good breakfast before you come to camp!!
• Come ready to work AND have fun! We are going to have a great season!
Marching Band FAQ’s
- What is Band Camp? Band camp is the time before school begins where the band can focus on refreshing their marching skills, learning and memorizing all the new music and learning their formations on the field for the marching show.
- What are MICCA and NESBA? MICCA stands for the Massachusetts Instrumental Choral & Conductors Association. NESBA stands for the New England Scholastic Band Association. They are groups that support music in the schools and sponsor marching band festivals for bands throughout the fall. The marching band will have the opportunity to perform in front of judges and an audience and be evaluated at each sponsored performance. More information can be found at www.miccamusic.org and www.nesba.org.
- What does the rehearsal schedule look like and will there be time for homework? The rehearsal schedule during the school year will be two nights a week and Saturday mornings in September and October. The fall rehearsal schedule can be found on the NAMA website and each student will receive a hard copy for the refrigerator! During the week, rehearsals are from 6:00PM – 9:00PM. Rehearsal days vary due to use of Walsh Stadium. Saturday rehearsals in September are from 9:00AM – 1:00PM. Saturday rehearsal times in October vary due to performance times. Plan your fall schedules appropriately! While this seems like a significant time commitment, if you are organized and plan ahead you will have plenty of time to do homework, study and socialize.
- Can I participate in other extracurriculars and still be in the marching band? There are several students in the marching band that participate in scouts, drama, play a fall sport, work and participate in marching band. If you want to be in marching band, we can make it work! Please see me ahead of time so we can work out schedules!