BAND: Summer 16 At A Glance
Please see the letter below from Mr. Smalley containing IMPORTANT UPDATES for this summer, including a REHEARSAL NEXT TUESDAY. Thanks!
Hello Band Students,
I hope everyone has been enjoying their summer thus far. Please make a note of several important information items below regarding schedule, uniforms and wind music:
1. At the “show reveal” at the end of the year, we announced that we would be having two brief rehearsals in the high school band room, as follows:
• Rehearsal: Tuesday, July 12 from 12:00 – 2:00 pm
• Rehearsal: Thursday, July 28 from 12:00 – 2:00 pm
2. MANDATORY Band Camp is scheduled as follows:
• Monday, August 15 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (please arrive early today)
• Tuesday, August 16 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Wednesday, August 17 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Thursday, August 18 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
• Friday, August 19 TIMES TBA
• Saturday, August 20 TIMES TBA
I know that students are attending camps, working, and on family vacations, but we would like everyone to try to make at least one of these rehearsals.
3. Please click the link here to order your required and optional uniform components: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1EJKaAYrnqFGHpCHl1f07zIvLMCO6gx_ckcfjfl9dmHY/viewform
4. Please click here to download the music for your instrument, you must enter the password na16primarycolors (please do not share the music, it is proprietary): http://www.northandovermusic.org/documents/band-music/
5. A lot of communication comes from the music teachers through the North Andover Music Association website and emails. Click here and complete the form to get on their mailing list: http://www.northandovermusic.org/email-signup/
I look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Justin D. Smalley, Director of Bands, North Andover High School