Students can perform on stage at the May 29 Boston Pops concert
The 2013 Fidelity Investments Young Artists Competition at the Boston Pops is open to all Massachusetts high school students and is now accepting submissions. Imagine your students performing live on stage with the Boston Pops at historic Symphony Hall.
Fidelity Investments, long-time Season Sponsor of the Boston Pops, created the Young Artists Competition in 2009 to encourage and support music in Boston public schools. In previous years, the competition was open only to Boston and Cambridge students. This is the first year the competition is open to all Massachusetts high school students.
- Solo instrumentalists, solo vocalists or groups with no more than five members are encouraged to apply.
- Students can perform music from any genre.
- Up to 20 finalist acts will be selected to audition on stage at Symphony Hall on April 4.
- Up to four grand prize-winning acts will be selected to perform at the Boston Pops concert at Symphony Hall on May 29, 2013.
- This concert also features special guest artist and star of television’s Glee, Matthew Morrison.
- In the weeks leading up to the concert, each grand prize-winning act will be coached by professional musicians at Symphony Hall and have a one-on-one rehearsal with Keith Lockhart.
Application deadline is Monday, March 18, 2013.
Must be postmarked by Friday, March 15, 2013